New Integration with Calendars in SingularityApp
Great news: connect your favorite calendars to SingularityApp by link! Get ready to use Google calendars at full speed — two-way synchronization is coming soon ;)
- Copy the link to the web calendar.
- Insert this link in SingularityApp.
- SingularityApp displays events from the calendar. Profit!
It’s impossible just to replace the old version of calendars with a new one automatically. But we made sure the changes to be as easy for you as it is possible:
- You still can see your sinchronized Google calendars in SingularityApp.
- You will always be able to connect new calendars by a link, even in a SingularityApp Basic.
- When we start a two-way synchronization with Google calendars, connected web calendars will continue to work. Google calendars connected in the old way will be disconnected and no longer available for viewing, but they can be reconnected.
If you are Basic user, you will need to reconnect old calendars using a link in iCal format. It’s a good idea to spend 5−7 minutes right now doing this:
- Log in to your Google calendar.
- Click Settings icon in the top menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings for my calendars section click on the calendar that you want to view in SingularityApp. If you want to view events from more than one calendar, you have to connect each one of them, because each one has an individual iCal link.
- Select Integrate Calendar.
- Copy an adress in iCal format. There are two of those available: public address (it is displayed for everyone if the calendar is public) and secret address (it is displayed only for users who are personally given access to the calendar by its owner). Any one of them will work, but to connect calendar by a public link it is necessary to make the calendar public also.
- Go to SingularityApp: Settings → Calendars → Web Calendars and insert a link.
Another thing that makes us sad: Google doesn't provide a link to the Birthdays calendar which is in the every default account. No idea why. But this is the reason why it is not possible to connect Birthdays calendar to SingularityApp. We hope sinserely that one day Google will make iCal links for this calendar too :)