When you launch the app, the Today tab opens first. The menu is always available at the top left. There is an icon on the right, click on it to open sorting and archiving of completed tasks.
To get to the bottom items of the menu, scroll down
By clicking on the icon at the top left, you will open a side menu. At the very top, there are icons for search and notifications, , as well as for adding tasks by email and scanning a printed to-do list for the day . To quickly upload notes from a printout to the application, just click on the special icon, allow access to the smartphone’s camera, and take a photo (only for the Pro version).
You will also find all folders and sections that you need in the sidebar: they are the same as in the web and PC versions:
- Inbox. You need it to jot down your ideas and tasks on-the-fly.
- Today. It is a list of tasks from all other folders for the coming day.
- Plans. It is a schedule consisting of lists of current and future tasks for each day; next to each date there is a task counter, you can also maximize and view the list of them.
- Favorites. It stores selected tasks, projects, and tags to have them always at hand (add any item to your favorites and the folder will appear in the menu).
- Projects. It is a minimizable section that can contain as many projects and subprojects as you want; their hierarchy and color indication are always visible here.
- No project. This folder contains all tasks from Inbox that are not grouped into a specific project.
- Tags. All tags are stored here, you can quickly find them through the search bar or nest one into another to create the hierarchy you need.
- Someday. Add your desirable goals and tasks without deadline to this folder.
- Archive. There you can find all your completed tasks and projects that have been paused.
- Recycle Bin. All your deleted tasks are grouped by months there: next to each month, a counter shows the number of deleted tasks (months can be collapsed to make them compact).
- Settings. There are general settings, settings for synchronization, calendars, backups and troubleshooting.
The usual task management can be performed with a swipe:
- A short swipe from left to right will open an icon with a checkmark to mark a task as complete and a calendar icon with a window for assigning a due date. A long swipe from left to right will mark a task as complete (or restore it from Archive). Another long swipe to right will uncheck a task completion.
- A short swipe from right to left will open the X icon for moving a task from section to section; it will also open Recycle Bin to delete a task. Long swipe to left will delete a task.
- In Recycle Bin, a swipe from left to right will restore a deleted task, a swipe to left will delete it forever.
- A swipe from left to right in the tag section will add a tag to favorites, a swipe to left will delete it.
- A swipe down synchronizes the application with the server and other devices, and archives completed tasks.
- Using swipes, you can quickly manage a checklist in a task: a swipe from left to right will mark a task as complete, a swipe from right to left will delete it.
Learn more about swipes in the mobile app.